Saturday, June 28, 2008

Just Our Luck

So, we are here and settled in Las Vegas. But it did not go the way we thought it would. As many of you know moving is not fun and is stressful, so when anything goes wrong it adds to the stress. Well anything that could have gone wrong, went wrong. Curtis was going to follow Jeff and I to the airport to drop the kids and I off, then start the 17 hour drive but, when he went down to the truck to leave it had been broken into. Nothing was stolen except a $20 pair of sunglasses, but the window was smashed and everything that was in the front was thrown on the ground. Luckily, Curtis had bought two pad locks for the back and kept the keys in the house. Once Curtis and Jeff got on their way 10 hours late, the truck started to over heat so they would pull over and wait for it to cool down and that just added to their delay. Finally we all arrived in Las Vegas Monday night and finished unloading the truck around 10:00. Wednesday morning we got up to take the truck to get the window fixed and then return it. When we went to get the truck, it was gone. Apparently HOA rule is that you can not park commercial trucks on the property so the president called to have it towed, so we spent all day getting the truck out, fixed and back to the truck rental. This whole experience has made us very excited to have to move again in 11 months.
Although the move didn't go so well we did get did get to spend a little time with my family, and best of all... go to Taylor's first dance recital. All I have to say is I have the cutest little girl in the whole world and she did such a good job at her recital. I am so glad we were able to stay in Portland just so as Taylor would say she could dance on a big stage with curtains and lights just like a real ballerina.

6 comments:

beccandjp said...

HOW STINKING CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jen hulet said...

Taylor is such a cute girl. She looks so cute in her little ballerina costume! I'm sorry you had such a hard time with the move. Congratulations on the baby, and graduation!!!

Kathy said...

She is a darling little girl.... she reminds me so much of you! I'm glad you made it to Las Vegas even with all of your struggles.

Crazy Lady said...

Taylor is adorable! Sorry about the crazy move but hey, if your going to have a trial in life, that is a good one right?

Samantha said...

Taylor looks SO cute in these pictures.
Thanks for calling, I'll call you soon.

kris said...

Yes, I have to agree, she is a little beauty Emily, she looks alot like her mommy.