Monday, July 21, 2008

My Kids New Beds

We decided that it was time to get the kids in their own beds. Instead of buying something that we didn't really like but was cheap we decided to build our own. I guess I should say Curtis did all the building but I did help him paint. Anyway I am pretty impressed with the job that Curtis did so I wanted to show it off.
Connor's Bed
Curtis is a pretty talented guy. Not only did he built these in the front room of our apartment with a saw and miter box , but he also built them without any type of plans.
Taylor's Bed


These are toy boxes Curtis made for the kids. Taylor's is a cedar box and my mom did the painting on the lid, and I painted Connors with stencils , I'm not as talented as my mom.
I love the wood letters above the beds so I decided I would paint my own.
I do have to say that I am pretty proud of myself I drew everything on Taylor's letters by hand... no tracing.
Just a cute picture of Taylor posing.

9 comments:

Crazy Lady said...

Whoa! I am impressed to say the least. You guys are amazing!

Kathy said...

I'm impressed! You should be proud of yourselves.... all of the furniture looks great!!!

Michelle said...

Hey guys! Great job on the furniture and the letters! Robert keeps trying to tell me he can build things but I'm skeptical- Maybe I'll let him try. Hope things are going well for you- Your kids are so grown up! Again- I'm VERY impressed!

Anonymous said...

Those look GREAT!!! I am very impressed. I wish we could see them in person, we really miss going to the park and hanging out with you guys. Tell Taylor hi from Kailey.

kris said...

Impressive...It is nice to have husbands with such skills!!! I think it is awesome that he did it with so few tools and in front of your house! How hot it must have been!!!

jen hulet said...

Good Job! The letters look great, I love them all!

Samantha said...

Wow, I am very impressed by Curtis' talents, yours too!

We need to see you all soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Emily- I can't beleive the two of you. I did not know what an artist you are the letters are sooo cute.I am jelous, I have wanted a new bed for oh, 8 years and i'm married to a carpenter and still I dont have one. Curtis did a really good job both Rand and I are very impressed with the two of you!

Unknown said...

WHOA you are kidding me. HAve you always been an artist??? Um, you need to sell those you would make BANK. I want some!