Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Easton Emery


Emily is a trooper. She was not a big fan of me taking this picture. It was taken the night before we went to the hospital. We were at Sports Authority earlier in the day and I was afraid they would stop us at the door. She looks like she is trying to steal a basketball.
I am lucky to have her.



Emily's first chance to hold Easton.


He's a big kid. 9 pounds 9 ounces. 21 inches long, 31 inches long standing on tip toes (look at those flippers)


I think that the looks like Uncle Reed. Maybe it's just the cone head.
Taylor and Connor already LOVE him. I will post the video of them with him when I get more time.

Easton was born at 4:44am Oct 14. His shoulders were too big to be delivered (Shoulder dystocia) so the OB had to break one collar bone to get him out. At first they thought that they got him out without a break, but the pediatrician could feel one (poor kid). He took it like a champ. He gets his toughness from his mom, who has delivered about 27 lbs of baby so far.

19 comments:

Miranda said...

Congratulations !!! He is a beautiful baby, and I love his name. 9 pounds 9 ounces... WOW! Way to go Emily! I hope you are doing well and that you have a quick and painless recovery. I am trying to figure out a day that I can come down there to see you. I will let you know as soon as I figure it out. Miss you !!!

Samantha said...

Congrats to you all. He is very handsome and looks like his brother. Em, I hope you feel well soon. We need to come see you all. Love you!

Anonymous said...

He is soooo cute...I might have to find a way tio come out to see him soon:). Congratulations!!
Love ya!!

P.S. Those are the biggest baby feet I have ever seen:)

Kathy said...

He is a darling baby... I love the name also! Great pictures... You look great Emily for having just given birth! Congratulations!

kris said...

Congratulations!!Wow, what a big boy. he is precious Emily. You have such a cute little family. I hope you are doing well.childbirth is hard work!!

The Rider Family said...

Oh I am so glad to see pictures He is sooo cute! I so wish I could see him and you guys as well!! What a cute family and I am sure Taylor and Connor are just so excited that he is here!! Emily you look so good in your pic before you had him It really looks like you have a basketball under your shirt how cute!!(thanks for putting one up finally) Well can't wait to talk to you later. Take care and congrats to your family

Becky Smith said...

Congratulations Curtis and Emily...little Easton is absolutely adorable. Emily, I agree with Curtis you are a real trooper. I will call you in a few days! I love you guys!

Amy Joy said...

EMILY you are the queen of child birth! You are so tiny and your babies are so... BEAUTIFUL. Way to go. We love your family and wish so much we could see you too!

PEACE, LOVE AND PINK said...

Congratulations! What a great addition to your family, he is so cute! Abbey

The Barneys said...

Congratulations Em! I didn't realize you were due already. I'm so jealous you are done being pregnant (at least I only have a month left). I can't believe he was 9 lbs 9 oz, that is awesome. Hope you and the baby are feeling well.

jen hulet said...

Oh, he is so cute!! How fun tofinally have him here. I hope your feeling good. We love your little(getting bigger) family!!

byrdfam said...

YAY!!! We love you guys and we can't wait to see him in person. He fits right in with Taylor and Connor...absolutely adorable!!! Emily, what can I say? You rule the world!! I hope you can get some rest!! Congratulations to you all!!!! Em, we hope you and Easton get feeling better quick!!!!

Unknown said...

Yay Em! You are a tough one! Congratulations, I home you and Easton are healing well. :) Love you!

leslie said...

so cute! congrats to you all!

Brady + Marsha said...

Yea! He is so cute! I'm glad he did so well. Those deliveries can be scary! I think I'll just keep having c-sections. You look great!

Julie said...

Congratulations! You have a beautiful family.

holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
holly said...

Sorry I removed my last comment I found some funny spellings I am sure there will be some in this one too but if I don't notice I don't care.
So first, he is soooo cute (I expected that) and he is soooo big ( I was not sure what to expect there) I think he is about the size of one of my babies at 2mo.

Emily you are awesome, I dont know how your little body does that, I guess Dr. Parker was right, you were made to have BIG babies!
I agree with Curtis he is ONE LUCKY MAN to have a woman like you!!
OK so for the end of my novel I can totally see why you have been is some pain for the last couple of months and espically the last couple weeks ( come on a baby that size?). I love you, get lots of rest and get well soon. Again he is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats guys! Emily, I thought 9 lbs 1.2 was big...you are one tough girl! Hope to see u at Thanksgiving. We're so glad Eli will have a cousin his age! ps. thanks a lot hendricksons, emily and i love having big babies! ;)